This contest is open to all 5th Grade Elementary School Teachers, 8th Grade and High School American History Teachers, either public, private or parochial who teach the American Revolution. The selected teachers (up to two each year) will receive a trip to one of three Summer Graduate Teacher Workshops through the Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge, Pennsylvania. (The chosen workshop will be the one most closely related to the American Revolution.) The Award, valued up to $1,700 includes tuition, room and board*, and transportation expenses (transportation limited to $500.00). (*Meals are provided when on-campus only; meals for off-campus visits to workshop sites are not included.)
2015 Program & Itinerary:
Revolution in the Middle States
Pennsylvania and New Jersey
July 3-9, 2015
Academic Director: Mr. Arch Hunter
This workshop features field studies and tours of:
- Independence Hall & Liberty Bell
- National Constitution Center
- Nassau Hall and Princeton Battlefield
- Birmingham Friends Meeting House
- Valley Forge National Historical Park
- Fort Mifflin
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Washington’s Crossing
- Hessian Barracks in Trenton, NJ
- Peter Wentz Farmstead & Cliveden House
- Monmouth Battlefield
- Paoli Massacre Site
- Friday, July 3, 2015: Travel day – please plan to arrive at Philadelphia International Airport before 5:00pm for the $25 van trip to FFVF campus; dinner & indoctrination starting at 7:00pm.
- Saturday, July 4, 2015: Fireworks show at Valley Forge Park.
- Thursday, July 9, 2015: Arrival at Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) by 4:30pm; plan on a departure time of 6:00pm or later (6:45pm for USAir due length of security lines).
For more information on the Program, contact contact the FFVF Education Department
(610) 933-8825 ext. 292 or email@example.com.
- CASSAR Application for Valley Forge Teacher Scholarship
- Video Tour by Steve Schmidt from Lowell High School:
For more information on the California Society Valley Forge Program: http://www.californiasar.org/valley_forge/.